Friday, April 18, 2008

New List... from my Dad!

Brodie Fanns!

In my ongoing series to inform my reading public of the favourite films of the people in my life, I now bring you the list of the man who helped shape my taste in music, TV and film. My dad. This is a great list. I love almost all of these flicks.

Here you go:

10. Wrath of Kahn - The very best Star Trek movie. No Star Trek movie (original cast or TNG) has lived up to this one.


9. Field of Dreams - The very best movie about baseball.


8. Airplane - King of the one liner. And Don't Call Me Shirley.


7. Gone With the Wind - Classic, and I do give a damn.


6. The Longest Day - All Star cast. The very best war movie.


5. Wizard of Oz - Still watching after all these years.


4. Raiders of the Lost Ark - Still the best of the trilogy.


3. American Graffiti - Timeless classic of a bygone era of Rock & Roll. An All Star cast that were not quite all stars at the time.


2. Young Frankenstein - Taco doing Puttin' on the Ritz in the 80s, the price of a 45. Peter Boyle doing Puttin' on the Ritz in the 70s... Priceless.


1. Casablanca - What is not to like. Has everything, Suspense, Romance, Comedy, Music... the one movie that had everything. Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman, et al, It just does not get any better.


That's my dad's list. Reviews and other stuff to return next week.

-Brodie Mann!

No comments: